Monday, May 9, 2011

My Women Who Rock




Today I am thankful for my mom, my aunt Vickie and my sisters. Four women that know how to have a good time, who are constantly there for me and I miss a ton! Thank you ladies for being wonderful!

There are many, many things I love about my mom, aunt and sisters. Here are 12 of them. A little late for mothers day, but I am a free spirit and believe that mothers/aunt/sisters day – can be any day!

1. They are all fearlessly vivacious women - they live out loud as women - no coyness, no pretense.

2. They are stalwart in their beliefs. They do not need approval.

3. They always have my best interest at heart and are always supportive - even when I change what I thought I was going to do with my life for the 100th time.

4. My mom and my aunt LOVE to read/listen to audio books. I got my love of literature and writing from the woman who would recite at the kitchen table the Jabberwocky and Poe. Of course she did these recitals to the point that we would all ask/beg her not to. And mom – it is okay if you do stop – we get it. ;-)

5. My mom, my aunt and my youngest sister love to get their nails done and they understand the meaning and importance of make-up. The fact is we love it!

6. My aunt knows way more about film than I do and loves to talk about it. I love to hear what she thinks and try to remember the movies she suggests – though I often forget. My mom loves the old movies - which sometimes I can stomach. And my sister loves films of various directors, procedures and actors she follows. I can never keep up with any of them, but I try!

7. They have amazing energy (especially when combined). Don’t all sisters though?

8. My aunt will tell me the “fun” stories about my mom. The same stories that my mom still will not admit too!

9. They love make-up! (Did I mention that already?) And they share that love through the mail. I have to admit that there is nothing as exciting as getting my aunts free trials of make-up – so awesome! In fact, I got some recently for mothers day. Highlight of the week for me.

10. They are all independent women. My mother is an intensely strong woman. This lady puts me to shame. She went to night school, after working all day and THEN came home to take care of two young children. She also kept a clean house and got a healthy dinner on the table every night (salad and veggies included). You go mom! I know you did not think anyone noticed, but I did.

11. They inspire me.

12. My mom and aunt show how important a sister bond is.

Mothers, Daughters, Sisters we rock! I am more than blessed to carry on the matriarchal tradition with two young daughters of my own.

Love and Hugs Ladies!

PS - Mom I got the earrings... sooooooo beautiful! Wearing them right now and missing you!

No comments:

Post a Comment